Crisis planning, preparation training, and media training.
On-site or remote consultation, preparation of communication elements.
Debriefing, reputation analysis, continuous support.
We know schools better than any other crisis communication firm.
The Jane Group is one of the only firms in the U.S. which specializes in crisis management for independent schools, including messaging and communications, media training, and reputation management. It is our business. Our only business.
Our firm has served hundreds of independent schools, from pre-k through high school, in the U.S. and abroad. We regularly present at school association conferences, regionally, nationally and internationally, and we have been on retainer to the National Association of Independent Schools since 2001.
We not only understand the significant differences between typical pr and media relations during a crisis, we know how best to talk to all your key constituents: parents, students, staff, alumni and donors. We draft messaging for all stakeholders and are sensitive not only to the content, but to the timing and method of communications, as well as the tone.
And we focus on the long-term goal of successful crisis management. Our goal is to ensure that our school clients emerge from a crisis stronger and more united than before, with their reputation intact and their future bright. We also know that when a school handles a crisis well, people often remember how the crisis was handled rather than the crisis itself.
We approach each situation with the 5Cs of Crisis Communications: Competence, Confidence, Clarity, Collaboration, and Compassion.
The Jane Group will be presenting at the following:
- CAIS (California Association of Independent Schools) January 27-28, 2018
- AAIE (Association for the Advancement of Int'l Education) February 5-7, 2018
- AIM HIGH February 27-28, 2018
- CIS-NAIROBI (Council of International Schools) February 28-March 4, 2018
- CIS-DUBAI (Council of International Schools) March 8-9, 2018
- NAIS- (National Association of Independent Schools) March 7-9
- CIS-BEIJING (Council of International Schools) March 21-24
The latest This Just In...Cracking the Code