It's soon-to-be summer which means boot camp with The Jane Group! Grab your sneakers, water bottle, and fave summer sweatband, and meet us at the educational track where we'll whip ourselves into shape for the upcoming year. It's important to keep yourself up-to-date on crisis communications and be aware of the evolving school landscape, and boot camp is the perfect opportunity to refresh your thinking. During this year's event, we're talking social media, activism, and how they relate to school crises. Snag a spot now to keep your mind in shape and your communications game strong.
What We'll Discuss:
- Crisis Trends, Now and In the Year Ahead. Historical sex abuse triggered by #metoo, school trip accidents, transgender issues, racist rants, physical and mental health issues. How do these issues impact the school and how do you prepare for them?
- Crisis 2.0. Every school should have a crisis communications plan. We'll look at the importance of planning and training in advance and the steps to take when you have a crisis or a bad day. Is there a difference? Let's discuss!
- Going Viral...The New Era of Communications. Chances are that you will deal with a sensitive issue or crisis that begins or plays out over social media. We'll discuss strategies to manage online behavior by faculty, parents, students, alums, and trolls.
- Preparing Your Front Line. The session provides training to take back to your school to present to frontline staff including administrative assistants and security on how to manage media, parents, and anyone who calls or just shows up at the school regarding the crisis at hand.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Two reservation options: $400 per individual or a discounted rate of $1000 for a group of 3 from your school or organization.
- If you are interested in hosting, please contact Lisa Davis, 630 325-2509 (CDT) or email@example.com