Pennsylvania Boot Camp Registration
Save the Date – Thursday, August 23, 2018
Delaware Valley Friends School and The Jane Group Crisis Boot Camp
This is not your average boot camp. Say bye-bye to gym shorts and hello to a boot camp that will get your communications skills in tip-top shape this summer. Join us for key learnings, crisis basics, and best practices. Jane Hulbert will also review what every crisis plan should include.
8:30am – 9:00am Continental Breakfast
9:00am – 11:30am Crisis 101 – Hope Is Not a Strategy
- How to prepare in advance; first steps in the first 60 minutes and debrief; best practices in crisis communication
- Trends from sexual abuse to student activism and how to manage effectively
- Key elements of great messages that resonate
- Social media and the need for speed
- Role of social media in a crisis
11:30am – 12:15pm Lunch
12:15pm – 12:45pm Preparing Your Front Line Ambassadors
- Crisis guidelines for you to take back to anyone on the front line (receptionists, facilities, etc.)
12:45pm – 2:00pm You Have an Allegation of Sex Abuse – Now What?
- How to respond to an allegation
- Five duties when a victim comes forward
- When to send a letter and what to say
- Historical issues: school must review its institutional response at the time
- What is your school doing today to keep students safe?
2:00pm – 3:00pm Case Studies
- Divide into groups for case studies based on real events
The cost to attend is $400 per person or a discounted rate of $1000 for a group of 3 from your school or organization.
Space is limited and enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Fees include all meetings, breakfast, and conference materials.Register at https://www.thejanegroup.biz
Please fill out and submit registration form below to begin your enrollment process. If you are paying for three participants, please include the two additional attendees names and e-mails in the message box below.